The following information describes how Totem Time collects and processes information about you when you use our Services.
- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- Your rights with regard to the collection of such information.
Totem Time is a digital urban games company which are played in the real world. Our games which are location-based, use augmented reality and include mini-games, navigation, tasks and challenges. Each game can be tailor-made and unique, designated to create an unforgettable experiences for our users.
שים לב, ככל שאת/ה משתמשים בשירותים של החברה בתחומי מדינת ישראל, מדיניות הפרטיות מופיעה בקישור הבא :
Information from which you can be personally identified may also be collected (hereinafter: “Personal Information”). We may require you to provide us with the following Personal Information to enable you to use our Service:
Device Information: When you install our App, we will collect your device ID (“Device”) and location. Additionally, when you use our Website or install our App, we will collect your IP address. An IP address is often associated with the portal through which you enter the internet. At times, we also use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our users visit various parts of our Services or enable certain mobile features like push notifications. We may combine such information with other Personal Information.
Location Data: We may use and collect your real time location, in the form of GPS signals and other information sent by your Device on which the App is installed, or by identifying the wireless networks available for your Device at certain times. You may program your Device to block our access to your location data but be aware that such blocking may prevent us from providing you some of the Services.
Creating an Adventure: If you wish to create an adventure, as stated above, you will be required to create an Account, and we will collect your Account details. We will also collect you Device ID, as well as your location. Furthermore, information regarding the adventure you create will also be collected, such as the photos and any other content or commentaries which you choose to upload.
General User’s Content: We will collect your Personal Information when you take part of an adventure through the Services, and upload certain content in connection with your adventure, or when you upload pictures or comments to the Services.
Payment information: We may collect your payment details if you wish to purchase the App directly through Totem Time, and we will make such option available to our users. We will process your payment details via a third party payment service provider, who will assure that your payment details will be secured under the adequate industry security standard.
Blog: our Service features a blog, which enables you to view and post relevant information about our Services, as well as to interact with other users. Note, that the Personal Information you will choose to post, share, upload, or make available will be made public and visible to others who will use this feature. You should never post or share any information that is confidential.
Use of Information:
We use the Personal Information we collect from you for a range of different business purposes according to different legal bases of processing. We may use or process your Personal Information for the following purposes. One or more purposes may apply simultaneously.
- Providing the Requested Services:
- We collect your Personal Information to provide you with Totem Time’s Services you contracted to receive.
- Such collection of information will enable us to allow you to participate in the Totem Time online game, as well as provide you with technical and professional assistance, with regard to the Services you use.
We process the Personal Information where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract regarding the Services you contracted to receive.
- Improvement and Development of the Services:
- We collect Personal Information to improve and develop our Services and understand feedback on Totem Time’s Services and to help provide more information on the use of the Services quickly and easily.
- We collect Personal Information for ongoing review and improvement of the information we provide through our Services, to ensure it is user friendly.
- We collect Personal Information to improve the management and administration of our business and maintain compliancy with our internal policies and procedures.
- We conduct surveys and research, test features in development, and analyze the information we have to evaluate and improve our Services, develop new features, and conduct audits and troubleshooting activities.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving the Services, to allow our users to have the best experience.
- Maintain a Safe and Secure Environment
We may use your information to detect and prevent fraud, abuse and security incidents in the following ways;
- Verify and authenticate your identity and prevent unauthorized or illegal activity;
- Enhance the safety and security of our Services;
- Conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
- Prevent or take action against activities that are, or may be, in breach of our terms of service or applicable law.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest in improving our Services and enabling our users to browse in a secure environment.
- Personalize Content, Advertising and Marketing
- If you have used Totem Time’s Services in the past, we have a legitimate business interest for matching the data we collect with other data we had already collected.
- This enables us to understand your needs and interests, optimize the content we send you and make it more suitable and relevant to your needs.
- This also enables us to improve your experience on the Website or App, by providing you with personalized content, recommendations, and features.
We process this information in light of our legitimate interest to personalize your experience and customize our content.
Disclosure of Information and Transfer of Data
We may use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services or any portion thereof, such as marketing, data management and maintenance services. In particular, we use Google Analytics for analytics services. Google Analytics set their own cookies or other identifiers on your computer, through which they can collect information about your usage of our Services through the Website. This helps us compile aggregated statistics about the effectiveness of our Services. We also use Google, Apple, and Amazon AWS for monitoring services, and Sendinblue for our signup and promotion management. We may also share your Personal Information with advertisers who promote their services and products via our Services, as well as payment service providers who will process your payment details under the required industry data security standard.
We may also transfer your information, including Personal Information, in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, the sale of related assets or corporate division or other fundamental corporate changes. Furthermore, information about you or your account may also be released in order to comply with any valid legal inquiry or process such as a search warrant, subpoena, statute or court order. We will also release specific information in special cases, such as if you use the Services to perform an unlawful act or omission or take any act or omission that may damage Totem Time, its property and goodwill, or if there is an attempted breach of the security of the Services or a physical or property threat to you or others. The authority supervising such activities is the Israeli Privacy Protection Authority, and you have the right to file a complaint to it or any other relevant supervisory authority.
You have the right at any time to access, modify or delete your information, object to or restrict processing. To exercise these options, please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are located within the European Union (the “EU“) or within the European Economic Area (the “EEA“), you are afforded specific rights regarding your Personal Information. Subject to eligibility, users in the EU or in the EEA have the following rights to;
- Request a rectification of your Personal Information where the information we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes.
- Object to the processing of your Personal Information where our legal basis for that processing is that such processing is necessary for our legitimate interests.
- Object to an automated decision-making (including profiling) in certain circumstances.
- Request the erasure of your Personal Information in certain circumstances, such as where processing is no longer necessary for the purpose it was originally collected for, and there is no compelling reason for us to continue to process or store it;
- Receive your Personal Information, or ask us to transfer it to another organization that you have provided to us, which we process by automated means, where our processing is either based on your consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with you.
Generally, with regard to information collected on our Services, Totem Time is a “Data Controller”. Therefore, if you wish to exercise the above mentioned rights, please contact us, and we will make our best efforts to fulfill your request.
If you wish to file a request regarding any of the above, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use “cookies” and/or other technologies or files (collectively, “cookies”) to identify how visitors make use of our Services. This aggregated tracking information may be used to help us improve and enhance the Services’ experience for all of our visitors. In addition, cookies are used for adjusting the Services to your personal preferences. Cookies contain information such as the pages you visited, the length of time you stayed on the Website or the App, the location from which you accessed the Website or the App. If you would prefer not to have cookies stored on your computer, you may modify your browser settings to reject most cookies, or manually remove cookies that have been placed on your computer. However, by rejecting the cookies, you may be unable to fully access the offerings of the Service. To find out more about cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Opt In or Opt Out
You are always in control of your data, and if you choose to receive information from us, or others, you can change your mind later. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving such information or opt out of a feature, you may notify us by writing to email@example.com. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our databases and servers, although we will always make reasonable efforts to do so upon your request.
Links to Other Websites
We currently do not send users any commercial or promotional information via direct mailing such as emails or SMS messaging. We will not send any user such promotional mailing without obtaining the user’s explicit prior consent. We may however send our users notifications to their Devices (“push notifications”), containing offers which may be of interest to them. If you wish not to receive such notifications, you may change the settings of your Device at any time to block such notifications.
Generally, Totem Time does not retain information longer than necessary to provide its Services and for its reasonable business and lawful needs. If you withdraw your consent to us processing your data, we will erase your Personal Information from our systems, unless the data is required for us to establish, exercise or defend against legal claims or it is necessary for the performance of the requested Services.
Totem Time considers information security to be a top priority, and is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. Totem Time implements systems, applications and procedures to secure Personal Information, to minimize the risks of theft, damage, loss of information, or unauthorized access or use of information, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against all other unlawful forms of processing. However, these measures are unable to provide absolute assurance.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- Users can visit our Services anonymously.
- You can request to change your Personal Information by emailing us or by logging in to your account.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a Federal US law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the commercial message sent to you as an advertisement when required.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving our future emails, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from ALL correspondence.
The service is not intended for children under the age of 16. We do not, knowingly or intentionally, collect information about children who are under 16 years of age.
IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 16 YOU MAY NOT USE THE SERVICE, UNLESS PARENTAL CONSENT IS PROVIDED ACCORDINGLY
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
This page was updated on June 4th, 2019